Tuesday, September 18, 2012

The best links from the web Part I



I assure that bookmarking this page will be a much better option that bookmarking tens or hundreds of websites that you need to google out regularly for getting your things done.

I have got a list of best links in categories relating to online fun,maybe computers stuff or daily usage sites. Here have a look.

!!!! Do read the USP of some of the sites that make them stand out

Online tutorials

Web Technologies
w3schools ( Undoubtedly,the best)

Java
Roseindia ( USP: Core to advanced tutorials with source code)

Javatutorialhub

Photoshop
Tutsplus

Tutorialized

General Know how
Howstuffworks ( USP: Answers evrything like How sms works to 10  biggest lies in history)

Wikihow

Ehow


Video Tutorials
Youtube (Yes! You can learn how to play a guitar to how to kiss )

Videojug (USP: Very comprehensive)

5min (USP: All videos less than 5 minutes long)


Best Videos on web


Youtube

Vimeo ( USP: You can download videos without third party tools, scores over youtube)


Best Search Engine



Seems stupid to write this one! But give it a try!!!!

Google ( I get no points for this)

DuckDuckGo ( USP: No click information, just search and you directly get basic info)

Wolframalpha ( USP: not a search engine but a computational Knowledge engine, i fired a query "my ip is"
                                  and "weight for 6 feet height" and i got awesome results,to the point!! )


Online file sharing/remote hosting/cloud storage


You never have to email files to yourself again to access on a different location.

Mediafire

Sugarsync

Dropbox

Humor


Cracked (The best.. If you haven't tried it yet, make no delay. It's my office timepass)


Notetaking/Archiving/Productivity


Evernote ( USP: Archive anything from a note to voice memo to image to webpage)

Wrttn.in

Rememberthemilk ( USP: online task management made easy)

e.ggtimer ( USP: Easy online timer to remind you of stuff while in office etc., i loved it. 
                          Just set n forget and it will remind you)  


Online File conversion


Zamzar (USP: Folks! I converted my resume from .docx to .pdf in less than 10 seconds
                        and received in my email without signing up. Whole process took approx. 1  minute)

Filewiggler


Software Download


Cnet download

FileHippo (USP: Most software links available on homepage, less searching required )

Soft32


Urban slangs/online language


Urbandictionary ( USP: I bet you dont know the meaning of Googleheimer or 1 o'clock syndrome. This will
                          surely take your online or modern vocab higher, some stuff really  improves or renders a
                           cool quotient to your writing skills)


1 comment:

  1. Heya i'm for the first time here. I came across this board and I to find It really helpful & it helped me out much. I'm hoping to give one thing again
    and help others such as you aided me.
    Also visit my webpage cyber monday galxy s

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment or post your query