Saturday, December 10, 2011

How to lock a folder without any tool

I have lot many personal things in my laptop. And i guess,everybody has. And time and again, i need to hide it from others. But just hiding the folder does not work as everybody knows how to reveal it. 
So i am here with a cool hack for this. Try it out!


1) Make a folder , say personal as C:\personal.


2) Go to command prompt and type "attrib +s +h C:\personal' and hit enter.


3) And whoop!! the folder is gone. It can't even be seen if you show the hidden folders.


4) To get back the folder, just type "attrib -s -h C:\personal" and its back.


You can try it on any location. In case your folder does not disappear, do refresh your window.


Enjoy! Happy reading!

4 comments:

  1. I can see the folder by enabling 'Show hidden folders' option. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tried it both on windows 7 and XP and both in C and D drives. It works perfectly for me. I have show hidden folders option activated.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do refresh your window after hiding and de-hiding your folder. It should work fine

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment or post your query